Anyhoo. today's worship was pretty insipid for me... didn't feel that there was enuf... i didn't really get TOO connected with the songs or the theme that was running thru the songs [which i'm still kinda struggling to find] plus it was led by the worship leader that i didn't think was the best leader... maybe coz the first time i saw him lead created a bad first impression of his professionalism and control of the band. anyhow, worship was still good in the sense that it did prepare the church and myself for offering and sermon and all. :) Today they had baby dedication and it was real quite to see the little ones held in the arms of their parents... esp on mother's day, it reminded me how dependant and valued these children are in the eyes of the church and parents... and it's like that for us... God as our Father feeds us, shelters us and brings us up... and we are jus waiting upon Him for his guidance and leading... we as children of God should celebrate the fact that He is our father and not some far away god that we never have a personal connection with.
Sermon today was quite good too... it wasn't a mind blowing sermon neither was it a dead lifeless, applicationless sermon... it wasn't really relevant to today's theme of mother's day but hey, what's wrong with that. As long as God's glory is seen in the sermon and lives of the members, that's all that matters. Today Pastor David spoke about trials and tribulations of a mother in the bible. Taken from 1 Kings 4, we're reminded of the perserverance of a mother's prayers and pleas for her dead son. Elisha goes to heal the child and God's glory is seen when the boy sneezes 7 times and breathes air again. Amazing to see how her perserverance allowed her to be used by God.
After church, we went to have lunch which was YUMMY meat!! :) then now, i'm going to grab my study stuff and go to wongster's house for a study session... meeting jeero, jo.tee, jo.tan and wongster later for freddos ice cream. yummy. :)
So far, it's been a great sunday. I must say, the Lord has been good to me... really... and i thank Him for it.
Happy Mother's Day Jenny Tan a.k.a MUMMY DEAREST... :) I love you till the ends of the earth and even though we have miles between us, your love is felt in every msn conversation, skype call and facebook comments. If I could, i'd plant a hug and kiss on you that you'd have to pry me off to escape from. I love you loads and I am looking forward to doing just that when I get back in July. Thank you for loving me, bringing me up and providing for me all these years without complaint. I have the best mum in the world and there is NOTHING i'd trade you for...
Sniffles... may the Lord bless you and dad as you continue on living your lives for Him. He has given me more than I could ever need in parents and I thank Him and you for it.

0 comments:
Post a Comment