Saturday, May 02, 2009

God's answer to my prayers for Direction

God speaks to us in many ways and though we don't hear His voice audibly now, He'll always use ways and means to speak to you. I've been mulling over a decision I had to make and been praying to ask God for guidance and direction as to what to do and how to go about doing it right. I guess He not only spoke to me through the week with reassurance here and there but also after I made that decision today, God answered my post-decision prayers too. I asked that He would show me His way that I may walk in them and to assure me that what I decided upon is the right way... and during OCF, I requested prayer for that... and without knowing anything, the brother who was praying for me seemed to pray with such certainty about the request. Even though he didn't have prior knowledge and didn't know the subject by which i was requesting prayer for, his words were directed like an arrow to my heart. It was so relevant and meaningful that I felt comforted by God there and then.

I got back and I checked my QT and this was in today's QT... it's a portion of my QT coz the top part of this was an example about morality.. but didn't need to bore u with it... just that I felt like God is telling me to not just go back to His word for direction but to lean upon Him and know that He has my thoughts and my life in His hands. Praise be to God.


Centuries ago, the psalmist understood the need for a moral benchmark and asked for divine aid in following it. He prayed to the Lord, “Direct my steps by Your Word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me. . . . Teach me Your statutes” (Ps. 119:133-135).

Ariely’s “cheat test” experiment illustrates our need for moral guidance. The Lord has given us His Word as a lamp for our feet and a light for our path (v.105) to direct us in our moral choices. —Dennis Fisher

How precious is the Book divine
By inspiration given!
Bright as a lamp its doctrines shine,
To guide our souls to heaven. —Fawcett

Like a compass, the Bible always points us in the right direction.

0 comments: