Saturday, March 06, 2010

The Grace of God

Something irrational doesn't mean it's beyond rationality. It just means it's something that can't be understood... can't be comprehended... something like the Grace of God.

Why does He love us? Why did He send Christ for us? Why did He create us?

My friends, it is something unexplainable, something unfathomable and most of all, something undeserved. Nothing we can ever do can earn God's grace. Nothing that we say, do or think can ever equate to us being entitled to God's grace. No my fren, it is when we are broken the most, when we have nothing left to give, when we have nothing but a broken and a contrite heart, THAT, the Lord will not despise.

The Gift of God's grace can only be received with open and empty hands. God is either Lord of all, otherwise He's not Lord at all. I wish u knew my heart, i wish u felt my cries, i wish u knew how much I don't know about tomorrow... and i wish u knew my Jesus.

The Lord works, the way He wills it... He gives us time, He gives us examples, He gives us Love... and what do we give Him back in return? a "maybe tomorrow" or a "i don't need to change"...

My cries aren't for myself, nor are they for strangers... not tonite. Tonite, i seek and plead with Christ concerning you. My friend. The Lord will not stop pursuing you, He will go through flame, through flood and through flogging so that YOU might know Him.

Oh Lord, give them peace, give them Love... but most importantly, Give them You.



"Prayer For A Friend"

Lord, I lift my friend to You, I've done all that I know to do
I lift my friend to You
Complicated circumstances have clouded his view
Lord, I lift my friend up to You

I fear that I won't have the words that he needs to hear
I pray for Your wisdom, oh God, and a heart that's sincere
Lord, I lift my friend up to You

Lord, I lift my friend to You
My best friend in the world, I know he means much more to You
I want so much to help him, but this is something he has to do
And Lord, I lift my friend up to You

'cause there's a way that seems so right to him
But You know where that leads
He's becoming a puppet of the world, too blind to see the strings
Lord, I lift my friend up to You
My friend up to You

Lord, I lift my friend to You, I've done all that I know to do
I lift my friend to You

0 comments: