Saturday, June 06, 2009

Distance

Distance plays a part when you're talking about relationships between people.

Whether that distance is physical distance between lands, proximity between each body, emotional distance in your hearts, mental distance in terms of intellect level, spiritual distance in maturity of faith and reasoning or just the simple unspoken distance that no one can put a finger on, but is felt.

When I came here to Melb, distance was just a factor I got used to. Skype helped, emails and facebook were always available. Distance wasn't that big a deal. Now, 3 weeks till i go back home for a short visit, I wonder whether the distance would be too great to bear. The separated feeling I'm bound to feel with the people there. Would I stand there, closer to them then ever I've been in the past 4 months and yet feel worlds apart? Would I be close in physical relation but so far away from who they are and who I am?

I'm not formulating this but i'm just typing what I feel... and what I fear.

Distance. scary stuff.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

dun think too much w regard to this.
jus be natural. take it as it comes.
xiumei