Sunday, March 15, 2009

1st Service at Richmond AOG

Today I got the chance to go visit Meliza's church, Richmond Assembly of God... that was quite interesting coz it's the first charismatic church in melbourne. Met some of the Richmond pple yesterday at Mel's cell group welcome lunch so that was nice, knowing people before going to the service. So today was quite fun in the sense that we got to have a look see on how richmond conducts their service and all.

The worship was solid... very well done. Singers, Instruments, Choice of songs... quite good and engaging... the mood was obviously quite good too... but I felt the sermon lacked... relevance to Scripture and substance. It also had a pretty... me myself and I twang... i really really did go there today with no prejudices and i told myself to jus have an open mind to accept and hear everything out before i started have pre-conceived ideas... :) but still some things were hard to ignore.

Ultimately, i asked myself the qn after the whole church service... Was God glorified? What was the motivation towards a lot of things said, sermon or not... and how close did I feel to God as a result of the service. Yup, after looking thru those factors, I made my decision on Richmond.

But here are the photos we took today with my lousy camera handphone so please ignore the quality. We had a welcome lunch after church where we could fellowship over food and some simple table games. :)

From left... Hannah, Nastacha, Duane, Davin, Meliza, Joel, Matthew, Michael
Apart from Nastacha, the whole table was Singaporeans with one fake sporean... [mel]

Green drink!!! woah!
Spoon and Knife.. what an odd combi. haha.
The hall that we all had the welcome lunch in.

Oh btw, Richmond was smaller than i expected. well... compared to other charismatic churches la. :)

0 comments: