So i woke, and dragged myself into a sitting up position [yeh, that was hard enuf]... and then willed myself to get out of bed and go cook. So time is 8.15... managed to get out of bed by 8.30... I pop my pot onto the stove and start slicing onions.
I know rice will take me 14mins to cook and steaming chicken takes 15 so i wash my rice, set it inside the microwave waiting for my water to bowl.
Water starts to boil, i grab my chicken out of the fridge and dump it nicely into a steaming pan. In goes the pan. And i lean over to press start on the microwave. 'All working like clockwork' i think to myself... I grab my pan out of the cupboard and place it onto the already hot stove top that was waiting... Crack Crack... two eggs in a bowl... Beating them is a whizz.
Wonderful, the pan's heated up. Oiled and ready for onions, i can't disappoint it so on goes the onions. They hit the pan with a sizzle of delight as they slowly brown and take in the flavour of the oil. I cut up a slice of ham to give the soon-to-be omelette jus that small tinge of saltiness.
The ham gets a nice crisp looking browness around the edges. That's my cue... I pour over the egg and the sizzle ceases to a silent hiss of the egg being cooked.
Everything's ticking away. Great, that leaves me enuf time to start washing up. I wash the dishes while the egg slowly cooks and the chicken steams, not forgetting the rice becoming fluffy and delicious in the microwave.
I flip the egg and it's got a beautiful brown hint on the flat side down... awesome. this is going perfectly. I wait a while and flip it one more time to check whether the other side has matched this. It looks delicious with the onions and ham slices just peeking above the sea of yellowish brown egg. I cut it in half, half for lunch and half for dinner.
*ding* goes the microwave. Pop the rice cooker out of the microwave and pop the lid off. Steam rises out of the cooker like it's breathing fresh air for the first time. Fluff the rice and set it aside to await the chicken. 1minute till it's done... i stop the pot of water boiling and take it out of the pan using the crocodile kiap-kiap thing... Pop a small piece into my mouth and knew that was not a great idea coz it just made me want to eat the whole pan up now. :( but alas, i'll have to wait till lunch... so i take it out and pop it into my tupperware box. All segmented so that it won't mix up until i want it mixed with the rice and egg.
As i pour the hot water out of the pot and refill it with cold water, i start washing everything else while the pot cools off.
There, all done. now i'm going to have a delicious meal in school while i work on my projects and type a blog entry [apparently]... :) it's 11.25am now.. but i know that in half an hour, i'll be treating myself to a delicious meal of Ham-Onion Omelette, Steamed Rice and Sesame oil and soya sauce marinated steamed chicken. :)
For everyone who can't enjoy this with me... here's for your visual appetite.

0 comments:
Post a Comment