I would say that easily this year is going to be a year of big decisions... It’s weird to think that the same time next year, I no longer will be a student [God willing] and I’ll actually either be working in Singapore or Melbourne. It may seem quite a simple natural progression but actually to think about it, all these years of my life, the next step in life would have been the next phase of school. Whether it be Kindy to Primary or Primary to Secondary. Even Secondary to Poly would not be that big a jump as the next year would be.
I always joke about how the only escape from work is either death or retirement and it kinda scares me to think that it’s going to be that way till I stop working at maybe the age of what? 60? Eeps!!! Haha... but it’s an exciting phase I suppose. Something I’ll only need to worry about next year I guess, now it’s jus to build up good networks, work well and place myself in a place that would benefit my job hunting in the near future.
On other things, my friend in Melb just got attached and I know u’re reading this... it took u long enuf. Finally we can label you guys as a couple and not be awkward about the relationship you guys have. I thank the Lord for making His path and decision clear to the both of you and I pray that as you guys journey down this path of self realisation and complimentary realisation, I pray the Lord will keep you close to Him first and foremost and each other later. That with your new relationship, you’ll be able to mimic and imitate the love of the Lord in this aspect of your life. Congrats to Jeero and Josh, may He guide you in your future decisions alone and together and as you be with each other, may He always guard you against temptation and that you remain accountable especially in this aspect of life.
These few days have been spent working for intercruise [1 day a week for 9.5 hours when a cruise comes in] and meeting up with friends. The more I meet up with people, the more I feel like I shouldn’t find a 2nd job and just use the limited 1.5months I have left on this island to meet up with friends and to pray for them and their situations. It’s very very heartwarming to see that the love of God isn’t bound by distance nor time and though I have failed tremendously in keeping up to date with people’s lives here in Singapore, everyone has been so forgiving and generous with their forgiveness and love that it really sometimes makes me ashamed to think back on how I stopped checking up on them online and through emails. Especially embarrassed when I know how easy it is to keep up to date with people thru technology these days.
Friends have always been a big important part of my life for a long time and to hear their genuine words of love, concern and encouragement, it lifts my heart and gets me through yet another day knowing that there can be no other reason why God would send such friends into your life. So to my friends who I love very dearly, thank you for making this boy always feel welcome and for always treating him with such love and trust that I can share in just that small portion of your life and I pray that I will not forget to and not stop in praying for you and what you guys are going through.
I’m actually sitting on an MRT train now blogging and I’m passing by Kembangan as I type this. I just love the fact that I’m finally blogging again and that I only would blog when I have no internet or nothing else to do. Sighhh what has my blog become? Haha... but at least I’m trying. Lolz. Going to meet up with a dude who’s selling me this board/card game called Saboteur... yay! Then we can play it when we’re in Melb. Hehe. Oh that reminds me, I gotta go uniqlo soon to shop for winter-ish stuff coz I think they’ve got nice stuff for sale there. Hehe.
Yep, that’s about it for now, if I don’t stop, this post is going to be super long and no one likes to read a long post. So here’s where I stop. Thank God for everything so far. It’s been a great 2009 and I look forward to God being close and me leaning on Him much more and experiencing and enjoying Him in 2010. :) Praise the Lord and God bless.

0 comments:
Post a Comment