Monday, February 25, 2008

The One With a Short Poem about a heavy heart

My heart is heavy
My thoughts astray
My eyes are drenched
My burdens I never did lay

I'm tired of being affected
I'm tired of being forlorn
I'm tired of being ignored
I'm tired of being torn

When will this be over?
When will I stop being in denile?
When will this be resolved?
When will I be able to smile?

Dear Father, You know my thoughts, my pain, my burdens. You know everything I need, everything I want. Give me strength to rely on You and to seek only You for my every day bread. Help me to see You in everything and not be distracted by the people or things in my life. How can I commit myself to You and say I love You when my heart and mind are elsewhere? You knew me before I was and You know me now before I will be. Help me trust in You for Your timing, grace and love.
Man may fail you but God will never fail.
Abba Father, Amen.

0 comments: