Sunday, December 16, 2007

Love one another

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. - John 13:34-35

Today's YF was good... it was camp echo and so most of the campers came down to recollect some lessons learnt during camp, to view some photos and to reflect on Mt Belumut. :) Something popped in my head that has stuck with me throughout the day though.

If we are called to love everyone equally, even our enemies... how do you love a brother/sister who doesn't want your love? Someone who ignores you or pushes you aside... doesn't give you any of their time just because. Now, we're talkin bout your side here and not their side... how then do you be a brother/sister to them? How do you love them when they run away from you?

Now to take it one step further, what is 'loving' your bro/sis? What's appropriate and inappropriate as a church body.... just some thots.

It's the Christmas season. I wonder, issit possible to put hatred aside, resentment, previous grudges, anger, bitterness and alienation away and just love?
I dunno bout the general public but to me, I have but one wish [of course i have many but this ranks the highest]... that this Christmas period, i will be at peace with everyone. That whatever has happened be forgotten just for a while and everyone smile at each other.

All i want is for you to look at me and smile. Just for Christmas.
Why? issit that hard to love?

0 comments: