Sorry i haven't updated in a while. haven't been really inspired to write much about anything. Got to sometimes commit to blogging too rite? otherwise why have a blog? :) things have been going pretty much ok for me. nothing huge to report. :) jus sumtimes i struggle with what frenships i have and who i interact with. Constantly asking myself whether who i am at work is who i am in church. How to gel the two till there's no difference, that's what i'm working on now. it isn't impossible.. but the people at work really sumtimes bring out the worst in you, considering how it's army, i'm sure you understand.
Thankfully i'm still able to at least pay attention to it rather than to let it slip and slide out of control. :) On other news, been doing QT regularly.. finally! haha it's been like forever since i had a regular QT time la.. i'm ashamed to say it but yeh, it was tough and it ate at my soul everytime i thot of why i wasn't spending dedicated time with the Lord. It's sometimes so easy to make excuses like, "oh, well... i pray to God every day and frequently through out the day. QT doesn't always need to be time set aside, it can be done thru-out the day."... or "material not very good la.. what to do?"... but yeh, deep down inside your heart, you know that's where the problem lies... and recently i've been quite convicted about a certain idea...
The answer to almost every kind of question asked during BS or sharing is that it's all about the motivation and the internal decisions you make. You can come to church, give offerings, attend YF meetings and stuff but that doesn't make you a Christian. It makes you a church going, giving, member of the YF or church. You have gotta settle the reasons why you do things. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, believing in God does. It's like the verse says
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
yeh, so a thot to ponder upon as we go on our daily lives yeh? :) Oki, long entry.. hehe see ya guys. Don't stop shining for the Lord!
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment